Sunday, 26 February 2012

Are we really ready?


We the Librarian initiated in profession from the academic institute during Two Academic years i.e. B.Lib.I.Sc. and M.L.I.Sc. are we really ready and able to face the new challenges raised by world information community? This is not just question that I ask you but this is threat lingering in my mind since long time. I know every library graduated students join the arena of information with some vision, idea and objectives initially but surprised to see the great contradiction in theory and practice which may disappoint. I also knew that every neophyte have to struggle between the environments which he has to face and at the psychological front. This may discourage the fighter and turned into negative mind. I do not know whether everybody has to do and pass through the same situation but I’m sure by and large the condition is same.
     I also want and make it very clear that I’m not only blaming the apathetical approach and scenario around us, but I rather wanted to speculate over the entire situation and components involve in it such as
1) working terms and condition
2) Secondary approach
3) Shrinking budgets of library
4) Poor communication
5) Library and information skills
6) Serious lack of research and presentation skill
7) Poor technological background
8) Increasing use of google,  
  And many more. Being an educationist I wanted to find the gap between philosophy and reality and I believe without comments and contribution of actually working people it will not be possible any more. This is again very necessary both professionally and psychologically to vent the rammed breath for a long duration. I hope that you will definitely come forward and response me through your post so that we could take some effective measures to make a firm resolution towards the solution.
With regards and wishes.

                                                                                                             Prof. J.M.Nandagaoli                     

1 comment:

  1. Hello my Colleagues,
    several opportunities are there in the field of library and information sector for the LIS students. But we have to make us able to catch up all the challenges of ICT. Today's context librarian's scope is increasing but their work becomes a different from print media's age. Now we have to become a electronic librarian and therefore we need to come together for sharing nascent Knowledge of LIS field. so Prof. Nandagaoli Sir tried to provide this platform for Librarians as well as students of LIS. so, I request to all Librarians to join this forum in a major numbers....
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete